The report was commissioned in response to a number of events and developments over the summer months such as:
- Parades controversies
- Debate over the nationality of golfers and Olympians
- Discussions over the new exhibition up at the Giant's Causeway
- Stuff about the gays and drink.
The academic, who does not want to be named for illegal reasons, explained that he had observed the shenanigans over the summer and noted stuff down in a big book. Then he had drew some graphs about it.
The figures obtained by the academic indicate a high prevalence of general arseholery. This is generally revealed by an ability to ignore basic facts and an inability to understand anyone else's point of view.
This high prevalence of arseholery was reflected in the pastimes of the local population.
This further impacts on the standard of debate locally, all forms of the media reflecting the general principle below. This is clearly demonstrated in the social media, the letters pages of the papers and on the Nolan show.
All debate will somehow involve religion. If crisps is the subject of the debate, someone will manage to find a quote about how the Lord separated the good crisps from the bad crisps then fed the bad ones to Gay folk or something.
These factors are reflected in the deliberations of our politicians. Mike Nesbitt is excluded from this, as he only cares about golf and rugby.
The report also showed:
- A high number of folk who complain a lot about stuff but never get off their arses to anything about it.
- A complete lack of respect for anyone's achievements, sporting or academic.
- A high percentage of lazy bastards who blame everyone else for the situation they find themselves in.
- The news is becoming unwatchable as it makes you want to stick your foot through the TV set.
- That for a nation that prides itself in its "sense of humour" the people have a great deal of difficulty in seeing the humour in anything that does not pander to their preconceived notions of the world and are quick to complain about things being "offensive".
- Everything on local TV is shit, apart from Jackie Fullerton.